Re: Bug# 238314 RFS: siefs - virtual fs for accessing Siemens mobiles

On Sun, Oct 10, 2004 at 05:21:55PM +0200, martin f krafft wrote:
> also sprach Mathias Weidner <mathias@weidner.in-bad-schmiedeberg.de> [2004.10.10.1706 +0200]:
> > W: siefs source: configure-generated-file-in-source config.log
> > W: siefs source: configure-generated-file-in-source config.status
> > W: siefs source: configure-generated-file-in-source config.cache
> >
> > The mentioned files are in the upstream source and I'm uncertain
> > whether to remove the files, ignore the warning or do something
> > else about this. Any help is greatly appreciated.
>
> You cannot remove them from source or the orig.tar.gz won't be
> pristine anymore.
>
> I suggest fixing the upstream autotools configuration to make these
> files properly delete and then to send the patch upstream. Ignore
> the warning until upstream integrates it, and make sure to pester
> upstream regularly if the warning persists across new versions.

The problem is that I do not know autotools good enough to tell the
upstream author what's wrong with his autotools configuration.

What I've found out so far is that a tarfile produced by 'make dist'
is much cleaner than the original source from upstream. Unfortunately
this would break the subdir /converter (containing vmo2wav, not
included in the package). I investigated this further and found out
that the missing pieces (after 'make dist') will be included if I add
all *.h and COPYRIGHT in converter/Makefile.am to the variable
vmo2wav_SOURCES, then run 'automake' and 'make dist'.

After that the new tarfile does not include these files, and that's
what we want, isn't it.

siefs-0.4/config.cache
siefs-0.4/config.h
siefs-0.4/config.log
siefs-0.4/config.status
siefs-0.4/converter/.deps/
siefs-0.4/converter/.deps/add.Po
siefs-0.4/converter/.deps/decode.Po
siefs-0.4/converter/.deps/gsm_create.Po
siefs-0.4/converter/.deps/gsm_decode.Po
siefs-0.4/converter/.deps/gsm_destroy.Po
siefs-0.4/converter/.deps/gsm_option.Po
siefs-0.4/converter/.deps/long_term.Po
siefs-0.4/converter/.deps/rpe.Po
siefs-0.4/converter/.deps/short_term.Po
siefs-0.4/converter/.deps/table.Po
siefs-0.4/converter/.deps/vmconvert.Po
siefs-0.4/converter/.deps/vmo2wav.Po
siefs-0.4/converter/Makefile
siefs-0.4/Makefile
siefs-0.4/siefs/.deps/
siefs-0.4/siefs/.deps/bfb.Po
siefs-0.4/siefs/.deps/comm.Po
siefs-0.4/siefs/.deps/crcmodel.Po
siefs-0.4/siefs/.deps/obex.Po
siefs-0.4/siefs/.deps/siefs.Po
siefs-0.4/siefs/.deps/slink.Po
siefs-0.4/siefs/Makefile
siefs-0.4/stamp-h
siefs-0.4/stamp-h1
siefs-0.4/stamp-h.in

What I don't know is if that's the right way to go.

Mathias