Re: Gnome Menu Item for Debian Package

Pierre Habouzit wrote:
binary-post-install/freeciv-cvs-client::
    mkdir -p debian/freeciv-cvs-client/usr/share/applications
    cp debian/freeciv-cvs-client.desktop \
        debian/freeciv-cvs-client/usr/share/applications/

    mkdir -p debian/freeciv-cvs-client/usr/share/pixmaps
    cp debian/civclient.xpm
debian/freeciv-cvs-client/usr/share/pixmaps/ uudecode
debian/civclient.png.uu -o \
        debian/freeciv-cvs-client/usr/share/pixmaps/civclient.png

why don't you use a .install file that dh_install will handle smoothly ?

Because I didn't know I could do that! Thanks for the tip :)

I guess for the uudecode part it's not trivial, but for the .desktop you only have to put the line :

debian/freeciv-cvs-client.desktop  /usr/share/applications/
in the freeciv-cvs-client.install file
and let dh_install take care of this

--
Regards,