Re: RFS: libfilesys-diskfree-perl

On Thu, Sep 30, 2004 at 12:59:27PM +0200, Florian Ernst wrote:
> Hello Mohammed, hello list!

Hi,

> Please note that I'm no DD myself, so I cannot sponsor you. These are
> just some remarks.

Thanks :-)

> On Thu, Sep 30, 2004 at 12:51:27PM +0300, Mohammed Sameer wrote:
> > Hi, I'd be happy if anyone can sponsor this package, [...]
>
> Next to all the stuff a lintian run will tell you (CVS entries,
> version number, Standards-Version, ...) please note:

well, I didn't get any warnings from lintian, I'm using v1.23.2

> debian/control:
> - there is a section override disparity, this file lists "libs" yet
>   the package is in "perl". Either change the section or convince
>   ftp-master.
Fixed, Thanks.

> - the debhelper B-D-I needs to be raised, see
>   <http://www.debian.org/doc/packaging-manuals/perl-policy/ch-module_packages#s-module_deps>,
How ? The policy is listing 5.6.0-16, The control file lists 5.6.0-17 ?

>   and it needs to be a B-D as you call dh_clean in the clean target,
>   see
>   <http://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/ch-relationships#s-sourcebinarydeps>.

I didn't get this, I thought that B-D-I is used for arch. indep. packages ?
hmm, how to clean the package then ?

> debian/copyright:
> - the copyright file must say where the upstream sources (if any) were
>   obtained, see
>   <http://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/ch-docs#s-copyrightfile>.

Thanks/

> debian/changelog:
> - urgency=medium shouldn't be necessary, see
>   <http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2004/09/msg00005.html>.

Just leave this now ;-)

> Additionally you might want to streamline debian/rules a little bit,
> possibly following the outline of the Perl Policy...

Sure, I'll try to rewrite it.
Thanks for your valuable comments.

I've updated the package:
http://uniball.dyndns.org/debs/libfilesys-diskfree-perl/

--
-- Katoob Main Developer, Arabbix Maintainer.