Re: RFS: fityk - general-purpose nonlinear curve fitting and data analysis
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: RFS: fityk - general-purpose nonlinear curve fitting and data analysis
- From: Frank Küster <email@example.com>
- Date: Wed, 08 Sep 2004 16:02:40 +0200
- Message-id: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- In-reply-to: <Pine.LNX.email@example.com> (Carlo U. Segre's message of "Tue, 7 Sep 2004 23:38:09 -0500 (CDT)")
- References: <Pine.LNX.firstname.lastname@example.org>
"Carlo U. Segre" <email@example.com> wrote:
> Hello All:
> I am looking for a sponsor for the following package:
> Package: fityk
> Author: Marcin Wojdyr <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> URL: http://www.unipress.waw.pl/soft/crystallography/fityk/
> License: GPL
> Debian Packages: deb-src http://fermi.phys.iit.edu/debian/sid source/
> deb http://fermi.phys.iit.edu/debian/sid binary/
- you should file an ITP bug against wnpp (and close it in the
- Upstream should not just put a copy of the GPL into the tarball, but
state somewhere that he wants this license to be applied to the work.
"Copyright: GNU Ceneral Public License" is wrong. Copyright indicates
the owner of the copyright, i.e. the upstream author. After that, you
should put something like
| This is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the
| terms of version 2 of the GNU General Public License as published by the
| Free Software Foundation.
| This is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT
| ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or
| FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License
| for more details.
Have you submitted the manpage upstream?
You should use the current standards-version, there might also some
changes be needed for this (upgrade-checklist.txt.gz).
* See section 10.1 of Policy for the CFLAGS setting
* Please remove the commented lines
Besides that, it looks nice.
Frank Küster, Biozentrum der Univ. Basel
Abt. Biophysikalische Chemie