RE: library packaging problem

Hi,

I have solved my problem of empty .debs in a library package: in the debian/rules file, I had to change the install command from

$(MAKE) install prefix=$(CURDIR)/debian/tmp

to read

$(MAKE) install prefix=$(CURDIR)/debian/tmp/usr

so that dh_movefiles could move the files into debian/<packagename>/usr/ since they should be installed in /usr/ at the end, as was correctly indicated in the debian/<packagename>.files files.

Since debian/rules and debian/<packagename>.files were both created by dpkg-buildpackage (and I did not change them in the first place), one should expect that such manual fixing is not needed - could this be a bug?

Best regards,

Matthias

GN Otometrics -- Hortmann
Dipl.Phys. Dr. Matthias Zenker