Re: RFS: kst: A KDE data analysis program

On Saturday 21 August 2004 19:06, Mark Hymers wrote:
> * Package name    : kst
>   Version         : 0.9.9
>   Upstream Author : C. Barth Netterfield
> <kst@omega.astro.utoronto.ca> * URL             :
> http://omega.astro.utoronto.ca/kst/
> * License         : GPL
>   Description     : A KDE application used for displaying scientific
> data

A couple copyright things:

The debian/copyright lists the upstream authors, but doesn't give any
copyright declaration:

Also, AUTHORS also includes "Rick Chern <rchern@interchange.ubc.ca>",
which is not listed in debian/copyright.

Also, there are quite a few other copyright holders not listed:

$ grep -ih copyright kst/kst/* | sort | uniq  | wc -l
38

Anyway, not that you probably need to list them all, but I might suggest
listing at least all those in the AUTHORS file, and then noting that
there are others besides those listed--this seems to be the common
practice for packages that have many authors. =)

--
Wesley J. Landaker <wjl@icecavern.net>