Re: seeking a "temp" sponsor

On Tue, Aug 17, 2004 at 08:34:57PM -0600, Wesley J Landaker wrote:
> On Tuesday 17 August 2004 17:32, Jacob Luna Lundberg wrote:
> > I maintain the xscorch package and my usual sponsor isn't responding
> > (I think he's just too busy).  I have a new debian version which
> > fixes a bug with 64-bit platforms and updates standards compliance
> > just a tad. I'm looking for somebody to upload for me, hopefully in
> > time to get it into testing.  :)
>
> debian/copyright names the principal upstream authors and the license,
> but doesn't contain the actual copyright "statement". From what I could
> glean from the AUTHORS file and the headers from the source, you'd
> probably want something like:

Ok, I'd like to make this 0.2.0-3 since -2 has been published on my
archive for a while now.  I've created -3 with hopefully the needed
amendment, available at (http://www.gnifty.net/code/xscorch/).

The copyright file now says:

``
This package was debianized by Brian M. Almeida <bma@debian.org> on
Fri, 21 Apr 2000 21:43:28 -0400.

It was downloaded from http://www.xscorch.org/

Upstream Authors:

Justin David Smith <justins@chaos2.org>
Jacob Luna Lundberg <jacob@xscorch.org>

Copyright:

Copyright (c) 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004 Justin David Smith
Copyright (c) 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004 Jacob Luna Lundberg
Copyright (c) 2003 Jason House
Copyright (c) 2000, 2001 Jake Post
Copyright (c) 2000 Matti H<E4>nninen
Copyright (c) 2000 Nickolai Zeldovich

the Free Software Foundation, version 2 of the License ONLY.

MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.  See the GNU
General Public License for more details.

along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation,
Inc., 59 Temple Place, Suite 330, Boston, MA  02111-1307  USA

On Debian systems, the complete text of the GNU General Public License,
version 2, can be found in the file "/usr/share/common-licenses/GPL-2".
''

Thanks,
-Jacob

--

Mistrust is the dark heart of wicked problems.

 - Jonathan B. King, ``Learning to Solve the Right Problems'', pg. 12.