Re: RFS: spong - system and network monitoring system

On Fri, Aug 13, 2004 at 12:42:20PM +0200, Cl?ment Stenac wrote:
> > http://spong.sourceforge.net/ is accessible, but it certainly does not
> > look as if spong is still maintained.
>
> According to this message
> http://sourceforge.net/forum/forum.php?forum_id=393999
> (Spong still under development),
>
> it is indeed still maintained and should evolve quite soon.
>
> I have not yet contacted them but it looks like they will be reponsive
> to bug reports.

Something I've been meaning to ask is how does spong differ from other
monitoring systems like Nagios?  I'm not saying that Spong isn't needed, I'm
actually quite curious, since Nagios is the "market leader" and I'm
considering a deployment of it, and I'm wondering if something else like
Spong would be better.

- Matt