RFS: spong - system and network monitoring system
I have the intention to adopt the spong package and have filled an ITA.
(bug #235526 )
spong is a system and network monitoring tool.
It can monitor several hosts and groups with centralized data
You can then get data through a command line tool or via a CGI Web
It can also provide RRD charts.
I have prepared a new upload of spong and I am searching for a sponsor
check it and upload it once it's ready.
You can find all needed files at
Here is the changelog for this upload:
spong (2.7.7-4) unstable; urgency=low
* New maintainer
* Cleaned up the rules script and use debhelper when possible
* Added manpages for all binaries (using pod2man for most of them)
* Fixed packaging glitches, makes lintian happier
* Fixed RRD domain directory permissions (Closes:#229965)
* Added User-Agent HTTP header (Closes:#245972)
* Made RRD link domain-specific (Closes:#229966)
* Remove useless GIF files (Closes:#229998)
* Added README.Debian for spong-www about rrdtool (Closes:#229934)
There are some outstanding bugs which are not fixed by this upload:
229994 ( No RRD config file ) : requires code work
I'll talk to upstream and will try to do it myself if he doesn't
154263 ( permissions on /var/lib/spong/rrd ) : already fixed
180079 ( http port paramaeter ) : already fixed
229929 ( klogd ) maybe ask for more info from submitter. As I understand
it, I don't consider this as a bug
I have a question about the debconf templates.
The source spong package generates four binary packages
At the moment, the spong-common's templates files provides templates for
all four packages, and thus, lintian complains (warning) that the 3
others don't have any templates.
What is the best solution ?
- split the templates in 4 package.templates files and add the missing
ones to POTFILES.in
- provide "dummy" empty template files for the three other pacckages
- ignore this warning
Thanks for your help,