Re: how buildd's work?

On 2004-08-06 Laszlo 'GCS' Boszormenyi <gcs@lsc.hu> wrote:
>  I contributed a very small amount to the subversion package. What I see
> from packages.qa.debian.org is that building it on alpha and other archs
> are failed as the newest apache2 cause trouble with the dependencies.
> The problem is that apache2 has an arch=all part, and arch=any ones as
> well; the arch=all part installed for the subversion dependency, but the
> arch=any parts are not available. Looking into apache2 build logs, I see
> on alpha and other archs it is not even tried to build. How that can
> happen if apache2 uploaded a day earlier than subversion, however
> apache2 is not even tried to build, but subversion is tried?

Check http://buildd.debian.org/stats/graph-week.png to see *how*
overloaded our buildds currently are. See
http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2004/07/msg01555.html for how
builds are ordered, especially note the facts that dependoncies are not
evaluated before scheduling a build.

>  If I would be a Debian Developer, what I could do to resolve such
> situations (I mean for example to force the apache2 build)?

You'd either wait or try to find somebody with a alpha nachine and ask
him to build it manually. Because two days to early to pester
$arch@buildd.debian.org and because the are ridiculously overloaded
currently.
              cu andreas
fuhggvat qbja gur juveyvat tha.