Re: out-of-date-standards-version

On Wed, Aug 04, 2004 at 12:39:22AM +0200, Olivier wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> lintian complains:
>
>  out-of-date-standards-version 3.6.0
> N:
> N:   The source package refers to a 'Standards-Version' that is starting to
> N:   get out of date, compared to current Policy. You can safely ignore
> N:   this warning, but please consider updating the package to current
> N:   Policy.
>
> The reason I choose this standsards version, is that I can maintain both a
> woody backport and a normal package using this standard. Is that a valid
> reason?

Your package in sid/sarge needs to confirm to the latest policy version,
whatever you put in standards-version.

That field is only a reminder to yourself, of what policy version you
checked your package. Nothing automatic happens with it, you can
technically set it to anything without any practical effect.

3.6.1 has compared to 3.6.0 only a deprecation, with a 'should' (i.e.,
not 'must'), so you can safely put 3.6.1 and not lying.

--Jeroen

--
Jeroen van Wolffelaar
http://Jeroen.A-Eskwadraat.nl