Re: How to retire a bug tagged wontfix,woody?

Jeroen van Wolffelaar <jeroen@wolffelaar.nl> writes:

> On Mon, Aug 02, 2004 at 11:42:49PM -0700, Brian Nelson wrote:
>> Then downgrade it.  There's a mismatch there anyway.  A serious bug
>> should *never* be tagged as wontfix.  Either it needs to be fixed or
>> it's not really serious.
>
> This is not true. For example, architecture-dependent data in /usr/share
> is a serious bug, but if a version in woody has this bug, it is still
> wontfix: such a bug doesn't render the package nearly unusable, doesn't
> cause dataloss, isn't a security issue, hence, isn't important enough to
> risk breaking stuff in woody for..

A serious bug usually implies a policy violation and not necessarily a
usability issue.

If the policy violation is exaggerated (like your above example, or the
OP's bug), I'd just downgrade it.  Leaving serious bugs open and tagged
wontfix just makes no sense to me.

--
You win again, gravity!