Re: Seeking sponsor for Emilda and related packages

On Sun, Jul 25, 2004 at 08:12:35PM -0700, Russ Allbery wrote:
> This will be fixed in the next release, although unfortunately it will
> take a little while for that to percolate into Perl.  Note that the
> effects of this are probably not obvious unless one uses troff instead of
> nroff, and may not be that apparent even then (the hyphens will be a
> little shorter than they should be).

The effects will be very obvious in a UTF-8 terminal, where you'll see
Unicode hyphens instead of the ASCII HYPHEN-MINUS character and thus
have problems cutting-and-pasting from man pages.

(You can use the workaround in /usr/share/doc/groff/README.Debian
locally; upstream disapproves of this being the default, though, and I
tend to agree.)

Cheers,