Package name : folding
Version      : 4.00
Upstream     : http://folding.stanford.edu
URL          : http://wagon.dhs.org/folding/
Description  : Folding@home Client (install package)
WNPP bug     : http://bugs.debian.org/261257

Long description:
"Folding@home performs research by simulating the folding processes
 of proteins, RNA and synthetic polymers. The results of the simulations
 are sent to Stanford University who release them to the biochemical
 community. Protien misfoldings are implicated in diseases such as
 Alzheimer's, cyctic fibrosis and others. By contributing, your
 computers' idle time will work towards an understanding of these
 diseases.

"Folding@home is only distributed in binary form from Stanford's
 official webserver. This package will download the client from Stanford
 and install it on your computer. It is only available for x86."

This is an install package, intended for contrib/misc alongside packages like setiathome which do the same thing for another project.

I spent the past 3 days cooking up a package and testing it. It appears to work perfectly, fingers crossed. I haven't tested it exhaustively yet, but upgrades, downgrades, installs, removals and purging all work.

I'm seeking feedback about my packaging job. Although I've made packages for internal use, this is my first package released to the public. Please let me know if I made any mistakes, or also if you did look at it and couldn't find any.

In the same vein, if you are an experienced DD and decide that the package is ready for the archive, I'd appreciate if you would sponsor it for me.

Again, the URL to download it from is http://wagon.dhs.org/folding/

Thanks,
Nick Lewycky