Re: dh_installman

Matthew Palmer wrote:
> I was under the impression that dh_installman renamed the file appropriately
> according to the .TH line -- at least, that's what the manpage suggests.

It uses the .TH line to get the section, but AFAIK there is nothing
similar in the content of the man page to work out the language, so it
uses filename extensions for that.

See bug #193221 for some details. I'd prefer to add something to the
content of the man page and teach dh_installman about that, rather than
messing with file renames or other things.

--
see shy jo