Re: RFS: splay -- Sound player for MPEG-1,2 layer 1,2,3

Hi John!

John Hedges <john@drystone.co.uk> John Hedges:
> I'd like to adopt splay, a command line mp3 player. I've updated the bug
> report (#246971) to reflect ITA but have a couple of questions before
> uploading.
>
>  - I'm not sure about the upstream. I've mailed the current upstream
>    maintainer but have not had a reply. How much of a problem is it if
>    there is no longer an upstream for this package?

What's the problem of many orphaned packages, so the suggestion of e. g. New
Maintainer Guide to start the DD career with an orphaned package is sometimes
suboptimal. Because if there is no active upstream you have to do needed work
(bugfixing, improving) by yourself.

If you are able to do this by yourself, this package suits. If you are not a
programmer, a package with an active upstream to delegate work on source code
would be better.

Regards,
Erik

--
 Bitte keine HTML-Mails! No HTML mails, please! Maillimit: 1 MB *