Re: mutiple binary package

On Mon, Jun 28, 2004 at 11:11:41AM +0200, Arnaud FLORENT wrote:
> Hi
Hello.

> i want to build 2 packages that install two different versions of the
> same program.
>
> everything is shared between the 2 packages except the binary files.
>
> i try to use the dh_make in multiple binary mode, but there is not a lot
> of documentation!

In my opinion documentation is quite good.

> i can't share the installation scripts (postinst) like i share the
> directory creation.

Just name them <package1>.postinst and <package2>.postinst.

> i v' got a dirs file in the debian directory. The directory structure is
> created for both package. that's great

dirs file could be splitted to. Just create <package1>.dirs and
<package2>.dirs.

> but my postinst file in the installation script is only created in the
> first package, not both!

It would be easier if you could provide us some URL to your work.

> so my questions are:
> - is multiple binayr package the good way to do this?

IMHO yes.

> - how cani share my installation scripts between package?

<package1>.anything and <package2>.anything ;)

> Thanks in advance,

No problem.

regards
fEnIo
--
      _      Bartosz Fenski | mailto:fenio@o2.pl | pgp:0x13fefc40 | IRC:fEnIo
    _|_|_     32-050 Skawina - Glowackiego 3/15 - w. malopolskie - Polska