Re: RFS: amarok - versatile and easy to use audio player for KDE

Anibal Monsalve Salazar wrote:

> On Sun, Jun 27, 2004 at 01:23:52PM +0200, Peter Rockai (mornfall) wrote:
>>Hello!
>>
>>I'm looking for sponsor for the $SUBJ, until i finish my NM application.
>>The package is available at:
>>deb http://www.kalyxo.org/debian unstable main
>
> I run pbuilder on the source debian package. The output is at [0].
>
> Please fix the lintian/linda warning and errors found at the end of [0].
>
> [0] http://www-personal.monash.edu.au/~anibal/tmp/amarok_1.0.0-3.log.gz
>
> Lintian:
>
> W: amarok source: out-of-date-standards-version 3.5.8.0
> W: amarok source: changelog-should-mention-nmu
> W: amarok source: source-nmu-has-incorrect-version-number 1.0.0-3
> W: amarok source: source-contains-CVS-dir debian/CVS
> E: amarok-xmms: binary-without-manpage amarok_xmmswrapper
> E: amarok-xmms: usr-doc-symlink-without-dependency amarok
> E: amarok-gstreamer: usr-doc-symlink-without-dependency amarok
> E: amarok-arts: no-shlibs-control-file usr/lib/libamarokarts.so
> E: amarok-arts: usr-doc-symlink-without-dependency amarok
First, amarok-* do depend on amarok... no idea what to do about that;
override? I will fix maintainer and changelog, i wanted to make another
build anyway. Manpage will be included as well (not for amarokapp or
amarok_xmmswrapper tho). libamarokarts.so is not a shared library but a
loadable module, i know this is a problem but it's upstream. It's not
critical. Well, changing it is probably quite some work, error-prone and
means diverging from upstream. I will bug them about it tho.

> Linda:
>
> E: amarok: binary-without-manpage amarok
> E: amarok: binary-without-manpage amarokapp
> E: amarok; Uses cdbs and debhelper.mk, but the version is too old.
Hmm, what should i do here? Tighten up the version on cdbs build-dep?
> E: amarok; No manual page for binary amarok.
> E: amarok; No manual page for binary amarokapp.
> W: amarok-arts; Contains shared libraries, but doesn't start with lib.
> W: amarok-arts; Contains shared libraries, but is not in Section: libs or
> base. E: amarok-xmms; No manual page for binary amarok_xmmswrapper.
See above.

> The second and third lintian warnings are because the name and email
> address in debian/changelog are different to those for the maintainer in
> debian/control.
>
>>Here's the whereabouts of the package:
>>ITP bug: 236696 (owned by Alejandro Exojo, but i have his ok to take over)
>
> There is no 'closes: #236696' in the debian/changelog file. Please fix
> that as well.
Yea, in the next upload. This one wasn't meant for unstable upload anyway
(it wasn't done in pbuilder, for one). So i didn't close the ITP bug.

Anyway, does this mean you are willing to upload the package for me? Btw, my
AM (Madkiss) said that missing manpages are not reason to not ask for
sponsor... Nevertheless, i have the (only) relevant one ready now.

> Regards,
>
> Anibal Monsalve Salazar
> --
>  .''`.  Debian GNU/Linux      | Building 28C
> : :' :  Free Operating System | Monash University VIC 3800, Australia
> `. `'   http://debian.org/    | http://www-personal.monash.edu/~anibal/

Yours,
    Peter