RFS: cc65 - Cross development suite for 65xxx processors

  Package name    : cc65
  Version         : 2.10.1
  Upstream Author : Ullrich von Bassewitz <uz@cc65.org>
  URL             : http://www.cc65.org/
  License         : zlib-alike
  Description     : Cross development suite for 65xxx processors

 cc65 in a suite of utilities designed to allow development of programs that
 run on computers and consoles based off the 65xxx series of processors.
 It includes a C compiler, an assembler, a linker, and several libraries to
 better allow development for a specific platform. Supported platforms
 include:

  * Processors: 6502/65C02/65816
  * Commodore
   -C64
   -GEOS C64
   -C128
   -C16
   -C116
   -Plus/4
   -P500/600/700
  * Apple ][
  * Atari (8-bit)
  * Oric Atmos
  * Nintendo Entertainment System
  * Supervision Game Console

 See the homepage at http://www.cc65.org/ for more details!
----

I was digging around trying to find a useful emulation-related utilities after my failed attempt at packaging Gens due to legal issues[0], and somebody pointed me to this little gem. At first it appeared that it was non-free[1], but after some digging around I discovered it's just fine[2]. Now, the odd part is that the tarball came with some debian stuff already in it, so it looks like somebody tried to package this about two years ago. (I saw a thread on an l.d.o list about it because of the legal issues mentioned in [1], but I can't remember where and I can't find it again.) I can't find any reference to it in the archive, unless I'm missing something obvious, so I don't think it ever actually made it into Debian. It was pretty old (Standards 3.2.1), and it split a 3 meg package into about 7 or 8 subpackages, which strikes me as a little silly, so I snagged the man pages and wrote the rest of the debian/ tree from scratch. ITP is at [3], and packages are available on m.d.n[4][5]. Copyright file is at [6] if you want to glance at what I wrote for it without downloading first. Comments are welcome, and thanks in advance. :)

[0] http://lists.debian.org/debian-legal/2004/06/msg00136.html
[1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-legal/2004/06/msg00482.html
[2] http://lists.debian.org/debian-legal/2004/06/msg00488.html
[3] http://bugs.debian.org/255572