Interaktive questions in "postrm purge" allowed?

Hello

I have a database package that wants to know if it should really also remove
the databases themselves when purging the package (just because they are much
more important than config files etc).

Until now I did this via debconf but a user suggested to do it in postrm
because when installing the database one can hardly know what one wants month
later when removing the package...

So is it ok to ask interactive questions in postrm when called with "purge"?
As the script is not called with purge in a normal apt-get upgrade run I can
see no problems, do you?

bye,

-christian-