How to get package in main with the same version to upgrade over a mentors.debian.net version?

Hello,

I am preparing an updated package with an unsolved security bug.
I would like to upload it to mentors.debian.net, but when it
gets uploaded to main it will have the same version number as the
one on mentors. I would to know if there is a way to upload to
mentors and be sure it gets upgraded when it enters main.

I had this problem before, but now it is worse because of the security
bug.

I looked at the policy and the reverse problem seems to be solved
by using epochs. An negative epoch is not the way right? And how do
I apply an epoch? Yada complains when I try to put an Version: field
somewhere.

Is there an other way to do it without having to bump the debian version?
Or is that exactly what I should do?

Cheers,
Remco.