Re: request for buildd not used problem

GCS <gcs@lsc.hu> writes:

> On Mon, May 03, 2004 at 09:19:53AM -0700, Richard A. Hecker <gr8birds@QNET.COM> wrote:
>> I would suggest a little more patience. Days can quickly elapse when a
>> person is busy.
>  OK, I meant that Lamont changed the file since my mail, but not changed
> this. I have thought I am ignored (my mail is not delivered to his
> mailbox due to a filter/not accepted as I am not a DD yet, so he does
> not trust me, etc).

Nah, 4 days and one mail is way to short to conclude that.

>> No need to drag other people into a personal agenda. If I were the DPL,
>> I would not want to get
>> involved in petty disagreements about how quickly a person should
>> respond.
>  I meant a quick response that 'I will do it' would do instead of doing
> it immeadiately, so I know he read it and accepted my request, so all I
> have to do is wait. But now I don't know what's going on.

Usually you just see a change happen at some time. A responce alla 'I
will do it' is unusual which is part of the problem.

>> You might want to think
>> about his Black list instead of the White list. It is easier to avoid
>> the Black list than getting on a
>> White list. I doubt that they maintain much of a White list.
>  They may do, but I got your point. I will wait at least a week from now
> on, but probably two, and see how things evolve.
>
> Thanks for both of you,
> Laszlo/GCS

The strange thing is that when you do give up after one or 2 weeks and
ask the DPL or someone else close to the person in question the
answere tends to be there within 1-3 days. And thats with the extra
delay of the person between. But maybe thats just me.

MfG
        Goswin