Re: RFS: relay-ctrl - SMTP Relaying Control for qmail & tcpserver

On Tue, Apr 20, 2004 at 10:19:39PM +0200, Thomas Viehmann may have written:
> Hi Brian,

Hello Thomas.

> Brian T Glenn wrote:
> > RFS.
> > Package: relay-ctrl
> (if this was a new package, I'd go for a better name if it's only for
> qmail...)

relay-ctrl is the name of the program from Bruce Guenter, the upstream
author. What name would you choose as an alternative?

> Is there a specific reason you're not having any dependencies besides
> libc? The description sounds like you probably should...

The only other packages in Debian that are remotely related to this one
is fake-qmail and ucspi-tcp-src, neither of which provide any binaries
on their own. Many people choose to compile the core of qmail from the
original sources using lifewithqmail.org as a guide, especially since
the upstream author of qmail and ucspi has a restrictive license, hence
this package listed under contrib.

The fake-qmail dependency might be nice, but the original packager
from which I am adopting chose not to use it. I'd like to hear your
reasoning behind adding other dependencies as I am new to the
packaging world.

Cheers and thanks for the reply,
--
Brian T Glenn