Re: RFS: I'm looking for a sponsor to help me to upload the "swatch" package

On Thu, Apr 22, 2004 at 12:09:17AM -0700, Nikolay Kokalichev wrote:
> Hi,

Hello.

> I've adopted the "swatch" package but I need your help
> to continue working on it. As I red I need a sponsor
> to approve and upload the package. Can you help me to
> find a sponsor? I have a GPG key but I dont know who
> to sign it ?

Your GPG key must be sign by some existing Debian developer. Just try to
find it in your country and meet him.

> In fact I need info how to finish the
> process to become DD and to be able to upload the
> swatch package alone.

Well, did you start this process?
As far as I see - no.

Did you read http://www.debian.org/devel/join/newmaint ?
This process is quite long (I started it almost 1 year ago and still not
finnished).

You have to prepare new packages, and put them on some webpage. Then
some mentor will probably look at it and if it'll be ok then maybe he'll
sponsor it for you.

regards
fEnIo

--
      _      Bartosz Fenski | mailto:fenio@o2.pl | pgp:0x13fefc40 | IRC:fEnIo
    _|_|_     32-050 Skawina - Glowackiego 3/15 - w. malopolskie - Polska