Re: RFS: dcc -- Distributed Checksum Clearinghouse

Brian T Glenn wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 09, 2004 at 02:04:55AM +0200, Martin Helas may have written:
> >
> > * Package name    : dcc
> >   Version         : 1.2.39
> >   Upstream Author : "Vernon Schryver" <vjs@rhyolite.com>
> > * URL             : http://www.rhyolite.com/anti-spam/dcc/
> > * License         : BSD without advertising clause
> >   Description     : Distributed Checksum Clearinghouse for emails

Hi Brian

> For example, you could have packages named dcc-dccproc, dcc-dccm,
> dcc-dccifd, dcc-dccd, and perhaps a dcc-common. Not all sites will need
> dccd, and those of us who do not use sendmail will not want to have
> sendmail milter libraries installed just to have a packaged version of
> DCC. The bare minimum for a client-only install would be dccproc and the
> common package containing cdcc and related tools.

you should have a look at http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/d/

as you might see there i have already done so ;-)

But as you are familiar with dcc you might help me betatesting the
DCC Debian package.

Greetings
Martin

--
  Regards,                | Debian GNU / /     _  _  _  _  _ __  __