Re: RFS: plogd -- Pcap-based packet logging daemon

On Mon, Apr 12, 2004 at 06:46:49PM +0200, Bartosz Fenski aka fEnIo wrote:
> > ITP: http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=225143
> >
> > Download: http://www.frasunek.com/debian/pool/main/p/plogd/
>
> First of all I'm not DD so I could be wrong but:
>
>  * try to build this package and check it with lintian/linda
>    seems that lintian complains about debian/files file
>    and linda complains about NEWS and changelog that they have zero sizes
>
>  * why your diff.gz file has only 20 bytes? ;)
>
>  * related with above... you have included all your debian/* files in
>    file .orig.gz. That's probably not what you have intended.
>    Especially because you even included precompiled binaries.

Another suggestions:

 * Your long description contains lines which start with an asterisk
   That conflicts with Policy. Take a look how it is solved in mutt.
   `apt-cache show mutt`
   Yeah... now I'm smart cause I packaged program with similar
   description two days ago ;)

 * Your debian/rules file looks like template... please remove
   unnecesarry comments.

 * Your debian/control file has wrong Standards-Version number... should
   be 3.6.1 now.

 * Your debian/changelog file doesn't close ITP bug.

 * In sum... Przemek maybe would you like some help with that? We could
   talk about it in Polish ;)

regards
fEnIo

--
      _      Bartosz Feński | mailto:fenio@o2.pl | pgp:0x13fefc40 | IRC:fEnIo
    _|_|_     32-050 Skawina - Głowackiego 3/15 - w. małopolskie - Polska