Re: new maintainer application question

On Mon, Apr 05, 2004 at 05:17:47PM +0200, GCS wrote:
>  I am applied[1] for a Debian Developer role, but as I see, Front Desk
> is stalling; I can't see any progress on applicants who have been
> advocated. So I have a couple of questions:

> - may I hope that Front Desk will assign an AM to me before Sarge is
>   released? (IMHO not :( ).

Depends on how long it takes to release sarge. ;-) I do not know the
current status of NM first hand but it should not take *much* longer
than a month. Asking on the correct ml (newmaint) might yield better
results.

> - is it ok that a not-yet-DD has packages in the stable (to-be) version
>   of Debian, in Sarge? (IMHO yes).

Yes, of course.

> - should I work on my packages in Sarge/Sid, or helping others with
>   their packages[2], so hopefully make Sarge release sooner?

Are you asking what is slowing down sarge currently?
* debian-installer.
* About 300 release critical bugs http://bugs.debian.org/release-critical/

I do not know the status of /your/ packages, but the stuff you are not
able to fix now will entertain sarge's users for 1-2 years.
                cu andreas