.desktop files

Hello.

Is there any policy describing location of .desktop files?
I've just checked Debian Policy, FHS and Developer's Reference, but
I couldn't find anything related to these files. Maybe I searched
wrongly, then tell me where can I find it.

I tried to check some packages to find how do they solve this issue, but now
I'm really confused.

Take a look for some examples:

qt3-designer: usr/share/applnk/Development/designer-qt3.desktop
rhythmbox: usr/share/applications/rhythmbox.desktop
pppoeconf: usr/share/gnome/apps/Internet/pppoeconf.desktop
texmacs: usr/share/texmacs/TeXmacs/misc/mime/texmacs.desktop

And in addition my upstream program tries to install his .desktop file in
/usr/X11R6/share/applnk/Network/Mail/<name>.desktop

So what's the correct location? Or maybe all of them are correct?

I'll be thankful for any comments.

regards
fEnIo

--
      _     Bartosz Feński | mailto:fenio@o2.pl | pgp:0x13fefc40 | IRC:fEnIo
    _|_|_    32-050 Skawina - Głowackiego 3/15 - w. małopolskie - Polska