Re: debian-changelog-file-uses-obsolete-national-charset

Martin-Éric Racine <q-funk@pp.fishpool.fi> schrieb:

> On Tue, 30 Mar 2004, Frank Küster wrote:
>
>> Martin-Éric Racine <q-funk@pp.fishpool.fi> wrote:
>>
>> > I got this Error message for the first time this morning.
>> >
>> > If I change my locale setting to fi_FI.UTF-8@euro [1], debsign can no longer
>> > find my GPG key, because it expects the accent on my name to be encoded in
>> > UTF-8, even though the key was created in Latin-1.
>>
>> If debian/changelog is encoded in utf-8 and you're terminal can work
>> with utf-8, it should work. I start mlterm, export LANG=de_DE.UTF-8
>> LC_ALL=de_DE.UTF-8, after that I can use debsign without problems.
>
> The problem starts right there.  Even inside uxterm, when I run 'debchange', it
> fetches my name from some place and decides that there is a mismatch between the
> encodings:

I had also problems with uxterm, that's why I'm using mlterm.

frank@alhambra:~/src/Packages/tetex-bin$ export LANG=fi_FI.UTF-8@euro LC_ALL=fi_FI.UTF-8@euro
frank@alhambra:~/src/Packages/tetex-bin$ debsign tetex-bin_2.0.2-11_i386.changes
 signfile tetex-bin_2.0.2-11.dsc Frank KÃŒster <frank@debian.org>

Sie benötigen eine Passphrase, um den geheimen SchlÌssel zu entsperren.
Benutzer: "Frank KÃŒster <frank@debian.org>"
1024-Bit DSA SchlÃŒssel, ID 2252FA1A, erzeugt 2003-04-30

 signfile tetex-bin_2.0.2-11_i386.changes Frank KÃŒster <frank@debian.org>

Sie benötigen eine Passphrase, um den geheimen SchlÌssel zu entsperren.
Benutzer: "Frank KÃŒster <frank@debian.org>"
1024-Bit DSA SchlÃŒssel, ID 2252FA1A, erzeugt 2003-04-30

Successfully signed dsc and changes files
frank@alhambra:~/src/Packages/tetex-bin$

There's obviously a font problem, but since I know who I am I didn't
care.

Regards, Frank
Abt. Biophysikalische Chemie