Re: problem with files in /etc/dir.d

On Thu, Feb 12, 2004 at 12:13:21AM +0100, Filippo Rusconi wrote:
> I effectively get the said file in
>
> debian/polyxmassdata/etc/polyxmass.d/polyxmassdata.conf
>
> telling me that the "make install" target has worked ok.
>
> However, I also noticed that this file is referenced here:
>
> debian/polyxmassdata/DEBIAN/conffiles
>
> although I never had a conffiles for this package, because the
> polyxmassdata.conf SHOULD be overwritten upon a new install.
>
> The result of all this is that the polyxmassdata.conf seems to be
> included in the deb file (as seen using "dpkg -X file.deb /tmp"), but
> does not get installed (presumably because, indeed, the debian
> packaging system does think it is a conffile).
It should ask you about it.

> So my question ? How can I have a configuration file installed
> somewhere in /etc without having the debian packaging system think it
> is a conffile ?
dh_installdeb is doing it...

       In V3 compatibility mode and higher, all files in the etc/
	   directory in a package will automatically be flagged as conffiles by
       this program, so there is no need to list them manually in
	   package.conffiles.

  - Craig
--
Craig Small      GnuPG:1C1B D893 1418 2AF4 45EE  95CB C76C E5AC 12CA DFA5
Eye-Net Consulting http://www.enc.com.au/   MIEE         Debian developer