Ping for John O'Sullivan, Mentor needed [Was: Re: 185 Packages that look orphaned]

Georges Khaznadar <gekhajofour@netinfo.fr> writes:

I'm posting the answere back to debian-devel and debian-mentors to see
if we can find your old mentor or a new one. I hope you don't mind.

> Goswin von Brederlow a écrit :
> > Hi,
> >
> > I looked through the differences between testing and unstable and
> > picked out everything older than 100 days. Reasons why those packages
> > are not in testing are:
> >
> > - non-free / contrib packages nobody tried to compile
> > - FTBFS or RC bugs
>
> Hi, I'm concerned about RC bugs (wims, units-filter). At least the package
> units-filter is fixed, but I cannot reach my mentor.

What about wims-modules-fr? I will assume your still maintaing that
too unless you tell me otherwise. Its just waiting for wims so you
needn't go looking whats wrong with it.

> He is John O'Sullivan, reachable at jos@debian.org or
> johno@freesoftwaresolutions.com
>
> Unfortunately I could not join him to ask for an upload of my fixes.
> Both e-mail addresses are unreachable, it appears that the first is an
> alias for the second.
>
> When I ask wanadoo.fr's nameservers, I'm told
> « freesoftwaresolutions.com A record currently not present ».
>
> Please can you check if this situation is definitive ?
>
> Best regards,			Georges.

Anyone seen John O'Sullivan? John, are you reading this?

If not, anyone intrested in sponsoring or being mentor to:

Package: wims
 An educational application server. Its interface is web
 based allowing access from any site able to display HTML.
 .
 Wims is the engine/glue used by several individual applications
 called modules.

Package: wims-modules-fr
 This package provides French content to be used by the
 WWW Interactive Mathematics Server (WIMS).

Package: units-filter
 Units-filter is a basic standalone filter written in C language,
 flex and bison. It inputs strings like "1.5e3 nN.m.s^-1" (it could
 be the time growth ratio of a torque) and outputs the value in
 standard SI unit, followed by the physical dimension of this value.
 .
  example :~/src$ echo 1.5e3 nN.m.s^-1 | units-filter
  1.5e-06   2   1  -3   0   0   0   0    0    0
 .
                                   2     -3
  which means : 1.5e-06 (SI unit) m .kg.s
 .
 This parser can be embedded in educational test systems, in order to
 analyze a student's answer to a problem of physics or chemistry.

MfG
        Goswin