Re: RFS: hatari

On Sun, Jan 25, 2004 at 12:34:03PM +0100, Marco Herrn wrote:

> > > I thought so, too. But it doesn't work. It is enabled in debian/rules and
> > > since the manpage is installed when listed in debian/hatari.manpages this
> > > can't be the problem. I called the manpage hatari.1 and it lies in the
> > > debian directory, too. As far as know this must be correct.
> >
> > This is correct because *you* (as opposed to the upstream author) wrote
> > the manpage. Then, you should be able to write something like:
> >
> >   dh_installman [debhelper options] debian/hatari.1
> >
> > in a binary target of your debian/rules and not need the
> > debian/hatari.manpages file.
>
> Oh, then I misunderstood the New Maintainers Guide. I thought when having
> only one manpage and naming it packagename.1 dh_installman would
> automatically find and include the manpage.

dh_installmanpages did that, but that made its interface unlike the rest
of debhelper and occasionally made it do unexpected things.
dh_installman was written specifically to get rid of that do-what-I-mean
behaviour.

If you're using debian/hatari.manpages, which is fine, then make sure
you put debian/hatari.1 there and not just hatari.1.

Cheers,