Re: How to handle config file that has changed names

On Sun, Sep 21, 2003 at 09:56:02PM +0100, Peter Karlsson wrote:
> Andreas Metzler:
> > You could conditionally move the existing configuration file in the
> > preinst to the new location.

> Thanks. I'm doing something similar with a non-conffile for another of
> my packages, so I'll just copy the working code from that. I was just
> unsure whether I was allowed to do it according to policy.

I am not Mr Policy and cannot give you a "Ego te absolvo" but afaict
it is ok with policy - It does not interfere with dpkg's conffile
managment (except for the cases I listed in the original mail) and
still does anything policy requires us to do (preserve user changes,
only remove on purge, etc.)
             cu andreas