How to handle config file that has changed names

Hi!

A new version of a package that I maintain has changed the name of the
default configuration file. I want to propagate this name change, but
how do I handle it properly? AFAICT, I'm not allowed to touch conffiles
in the maintainer scripts, but this would mean that the old
configuration would just be replaced by the new one...

--
\\// Peter - http://www.softwolves.pp.se/

  I do not read or respond to mail with HTML attachments.