Re: Debconf problem: Question asked twice

Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> schrieb:

> Frank Küster wrote:
>> + 		db_fset tetex-bin/hyphen seen false
>> +		db_input medium tetex-bin/hyphen || true
>> +# 		db_fset tetex-bin/hyphen seen true
>
> Please reconsider playing with the seen flag,

It wasn't me ;-) One of the maintainers of tetex brought up a
modification to fix a bug which altered the seen flag, and I wanted to
suggest a somewhat different approach. I agree, however, with Atsuhito
that the question has to be shown again to anybody who has answered it
before, because there were some non-debconf'ed defaults we now
integrated _and_ changed.

> unless you know *exactly*
> what you're doing. Since you see the question twice, you don't.
> debconf-devel(5) for details.

I had only faintly in mind that the config script is run twice... I've
had a look at other config scripts that use the fset ... seen command,
but they all do this "internally", i.e. only in internal checking loops
etc.

For tetex-bin, however, we need to set the flag for every user. I think
the only solution is to create an additional question that's only used
internally to store the information wether the setting of the flag has
been done yet.

Thank you, Frank
Abt. Biophysikalische Chemie