Re: Using ${description}, and debian/substvars.

On Thursday, Sep 11, 2003, at 14:31 US/Pacific, Shaul Karl wrote:
Can you tell where using ${description} and debian/substvars being
documented, and give some examples for package which are made from a
single source package and automate using the description in
sub-packages?
--

I figured out how to do this for a package not in debian. If using debhelper,

http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2003/debian-devel-200307/ msg00630.html

may help you.

As an aside, I don't think substvars is well suited to this purpose (for example, you need to use ${Newline} to format a description properly), and I'd prefer if those who don't use it didn't recommend using it.

-neil