Re: Howto make one Debian package out of 2 source tar.gz?

Hi.

Frank Küster (frank@kuesterei.ch) wrote*:
>What is the right way (or where can I read it in the Developers
>reference or policy, if I just missed the section) to make a Debian
>package out of that? Should I first mangle the two to produce one
>"faked" orig.tar.gz, or is there some magic I can do to dpkg-source or
>dpkg-buildpackage to produce one Package and diff.gz from the two?
It is common (and IMHO good) practice (cf. e.g. sendmail,apache (iirc),...) to make
an orig.tar.gz containing both tarballs. Actually there seems to be a whole school
of packaging around that - don't know where/whether it's documented, tough.

Cheers

T.