Re: Build non-free ncompress

On Mon, Jun 16, 2003 at 06:19:21PM -0500, Kenneth Pronovici wrote:

> According to the machines list, I can get access to a machine running
> sid for hppa, powerpc, sparc and mipsel.  This leaves alpha, arm, ia64
> and s390 before ncompress can move into testing, and then also m68k and
> mips before I can support all of the official architectures.

Also, an emulator is available for s390 (hercules), which works fine for
small packages on a reasonably modern host, after taking a bit of time to
set it up with networking.

> What am I supposed to do with all of those architectures for which no sid
> environment exists?  I notice that some of the machines have (+chroots)
> listed.  Is this the way I can build for sid on a machine running woody?
> If so, where can I find instructions on how to do it?

Chroots are usually accessible with 'dchroot <distribution>' when and where
they are available.

This is one of the reasons why non-free sucks.

--
 - mdz