Re: What to do if $PACKAGE needs $ACCOUNT to _build_

Marc Haber wrote:
> How am I supposed to handle this? Shall I change the build mechanisms
> so that the account is not needed at build time, shall I pester
> upstream to have that changed, or is there a workaround available?
IMHO the best solution would be involving the upstream. (This is, of course,
backed by my recollection of debian documentation). - At least in my (very, very
limited) experience, I got most things I asked for if they were reasonable at
all - authors generally like to offer good quality. And most problems one
encounters in building packages will improve the overall quality of the build
process. Requirering at build (and not install) time, this should be serious
enough for a reasonable upstream to accept better solutions.

Cheers

T.