Java AWT for Debian?

Hi all

Regarding my recently packaged "webCDwriter" [ http://wwwhomes.uni-bielefeld.de/jhaeger/webCDwriter/ ], i have found *the* problem: It needs AWT to be compiled.... This has not been a problem before, since upstream includes an already compiled and signed applet in JAR format... yet

Now i have mostly solved every bug found during my own testing phase and repackaged it almost completely ( again! ) -- splitting it into 4 subpackages from the previous 2-- i must solve the problem that in won't compile in Debian ( Unless i make the webcdcreator a binary-only package -- sources to the applet are available in the source package nonetheless )

I tried with gcj-3.2 + libpja-java , to no avail
Eclipse packages are currently br0ken in unstable

The program was designed for jdk-1.4

Any suggestions as to how to make it compile?
Shall i just forget about it and let it be just an architecture-independent binary-only package ( this implies including the upstream-precompiled JAR within the source package ) ?

After reading the license at Sun's JDK download pages, i fully understand there is *no way* in which this license can be made compatible with DFSG and hence be packaged. Any alternatives?

Thanks in advance

Regards,
	J.L.