build-essential

What determines when the build daemon compilers gets changed?  I see that the
build-essential package that I have installed on my machine depends on g++ (>=
3:3.2), but the g++ package itself depends on g++-3.3, so that means that
normal upgrades have made 3.3 the default compiler on my machine.  However,
the build daemons are still running 3.2 (at least the ones that show the
toolchain versions - not all do).  So, either they do not have build-essential
installed (which seems odd), or they have not upgraded in a while, or they
have it on hold to keep it at 3.2.  All of these possibilities preclude
automatically keeping my machine in sync with the build daemons.  When will
the build daemons will be upgraded to 3.3?  How will I know?  I assume the
default compiler in sarge will be >=3.3, not 3.2, is that a correct
assumption?  I don't recall seeing any discussion on -devel.

--
Neil Roeth