Re: Machine access for NM Applicants.

On Tue, 27 May 2003, Sven Luther wrote:
> On Tue, May 27, 2003 at 12:25:37PM -0400, Joey Hess wrote:
> > Mike Schacht wrote:
> > > I am not an official debian developer, but I maintain a couple of
> > > packages. One of them, kdirstat, is already in the official
> > > distribution. I intend to apply as a NM soon, but in the meantime,
> > > since the last update of kdirstat, I am having portability problems. I
> > > have no resources for confirming a fix the these problems. My sponser
> > > has access to the developer machines and can reproduce the problems on
> > > the other architectures, but hasn't had time to fix the failures or
> > > test my fixes.
> > > This list of debian machines: http://db.debian.org/machines.cgi, shows
> > > that some of the machines allow access by "all". There is no further
> > > explanation of who qualifies as "all", or how someone who is "all" can
> > > get access.
> > Take a look at http://www.testdrive.compaq.com/
> But i guess at least a signed key is needed.
>
> I suppose that you would need to contact debian-admin for this.

You don't need anything to get there, the testdrive doesn't have any ties
with the Debian project (other than providing a number of debian boxes,
that is).  Anyone can get an account there, with the only cost being
providing HP with your personal data.

They provide Debian machines running:
* i386 (woody)
* ia64 (woody)
* alpha (woody)
* hppa (woody)
* arm (slink (?!?), doesn't seem to work at this moment)

Another option is to use the compile farm at SourceForge.  This is a bit
more tricky, as you would have to be registered as a participant of one of
project hosted there, but that is not a big problem.

At this moment, lots of the boxes at the compile farm are down, but these
of Debian boxes which are up right now are:
* i386 (potato)
* alpha (woody)
* sparc (woody)
* arm (woody)
The other Debian boxes there IIRC include ia64, powerpc and mipsel.

Hope that helps,
 1KB

/-----------------------\ Shh, be vewy, vewy quiet,
| kilobyte@mimuw.edu.pl | I'm hunting wuntime ewwows!