Re: Querying what packages are installed in postinst

Hi Alan!

You wrote:

> For the next version of a package which I currently have sponsored in
> Debian (mozilla-mozgest) I want to add support for mozilla-firebird
> (preliminary packages are avalible from
> http://people.debian.org/~eric/debian/i386) and mozilla-snapshot. The
> problem is that in order to do this I need to do different things for
> each of the browsers in postinst and postrm. Basicaly what I'd like to
> know is if theres a nicer way to test if a package is installed than
> just testing the existance of files that the package would create if it
> was installed?

Uhm, I don't think you should do these kinds of tricks anyway.  For
example, your package wouldn't work correctly if I first install
mozilla, then mosgest, and last firebird, because your package's
postinst would only do stuff for mozilla.

--
Kind regards,
| Bas Zoetekouw              | GPG key: 0644fab7                     |