Re: How do you upload/build sponsored packages?

On Thu, May 22, 2003 at 06:13:17PM +0200, Andreas Metzler wrote:
> Use use -k<yourkeyid> with debuild/dpkg-buildpackage instead of -m or
> build without signing (debuild/dpkg-buildpackage -uc -us) and sign
> afterwards with debsign. (Both debsign -m'My Name <my@name>' and
> debsign -k<yourkeyid> are ok.)

I actually don't see how dpkg-buildpackage's
sign-immediately-after-build defaults ever make sense (except when
dpkg-buildpackage was originally written, when debsign didn't yet
exist). Why would you want to waste time signing a package you haven't
tested yet? Surely the order should be build, test, sign.

Accordingly, I have DEBUILD_DPKG_BUILDPACKAGE_OPTS="-uc -us", together
with a bunch of other options that don't matter here, in ~/.devscripts.
I've never yet found that I want the other behaviour.