Eclipse: /usr/share or /usr/lib?

Hello,

I'm the new maintainer of eclipse, a IDE written in java.

Eclipse is currently put into /usr/lib/eclipse directory, as eclipse
contains some JNI code, which is arch dependent. JNI nativ libs
(*so) are put into /usr/lib/jni (reusable parts: SWT) and subdirs
of /usr/lib/eclipse (File access speedup libs, only usefull to
eclipse).

Eclipse is made up of different plugins, which are put into
/usr/lib/eclipse/plugins/ and which are written in java (-> jars,
icons, a xml file).

Now I've run lintian and linda (backported from unstable) and they
complain loudly about gifs and jars in /usr/lib.

My current thinking is, that I will change the base directory from
/usr/lib/eclipse to /usr/share/eclipse, but will put all 'arch
dependet' code (about 10 files from various places) directly into
/usr/lib/eclipse and then set symlinks to the 'expected' places in
/usr/share/eclipse subdirs.

This will mean, that the 'starter' of eclipse (native, mostly sorts
out parameter and then passes them on to java) is in
/usr/lib/eclipse, but would be unusable (IMO), when used from there
and not via the /usr/share/eclipse symlink.

So, now my question: Is my thinking 'right'? Or is there a
better way?

Jan