Re: licence question

On Mon, May 05, 2003 at 11:34:29PM +0200, Thorsten Sauter wrote:
> [...]
> Now, I have some answers from the authors and most of them simply write
> something like "GPL is fine", "you have my permission", and others like
> these.
>
> My question is now, how should I deal with this? Including a copyright
> file (with the selected copyright) into the zip files with the license,
> include the answer emails from the authors, do nothing?

   You should include the license information in the copyright file, as stated
in:

   http://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/ch-docs.html#s-copyrightfile

   In the case of "GPL is fine", I suppose you can simply put GPL as the
license and put a reference to common-licenses. In the other cases, if it's
not clear to you, ask the author again or copy the entire e-mail text verbatim
to the copyright file.

   HTH,

--
Esteban Manchado Velázquez <zoso*demiurgo*org> - http://www.demiurgo.org
No software patents in Europe! - eurolinux.org - proinnova.hispalinux.es