Guide to update_excuses.html?

Hey everybody :)

With the recent activity with respect to Sarge, I'm looking through
update_excuses.html, and quite frankly I have very little idea as to how
one would parse the output. Specifically:

[ david@willow: ~/ ]$ grep-excuses gqmpeg
-gqmpeg (0.20.0-1 to -)
    Package is broken, will try to remove
[ david@willow: ~/ ]$ grep-excuses ipband
ipband (0.7.2-1 to 0.7.2-1.1)
    Maintainer: David B Harris
    262 days old (needed 10 days)
    Valid candidate
    Depends: ipband libpcap
[ david@willow: ~/ ]$

gqmpeg I'm rather confused about especially, I can't find any way it's
broken, at least on i386 and according to
http://qa.debian.org/debcheck.php?dist=testing&package=gqmpeg

If somebody could point me to a guide on how one should interpret
update_excuses.html output, I'd appreciate it :)

Thanks