RE: http://www.debian.org/Bugs/Reporting.

On Tue, 29 Apr 2003, dinil wrote:

> I 've made a compiler, assembler and simulator for a micro-controller
> called PIC-16f84. I would like to release it as a package. can anyone
> help me on that.

If you don't want to make and maintain the packages yourself:

You should file a wishlist bug against the wnpp pseudo-package, giving the
proposed name of the package and as much other information as you think is
needed to get a Debian Developer (or other potential packager) interested in
packaging it.  Make sure you set the X-DebBugs-Cc: field to
debian-devel@lists.debian.org, so the most people will see it and possibly
be interested.

If you are interested in packaging it yourself:

Spend some time reading up on how to make a package in the New Maintainer's
Corner of http://www.debian.org/devel/, especially the New Maintainers
Guide, Debian Packaging Guide, and, if you can read it without falling
asleep <grin> Debian Policy.  Make up a package which installs cleanly on
your system.  Put all the parts of the package which would be needed to be
uploaded somewhere on the web, and e-mail this list with the URL where the
files can be obtained, and asking for a sponsor.  This is a DD who will
check over your package and, if it is of sufficient quality, will upload it
into the archive on your behalf.

#include <disclaimer.h>
Matthew Palmer, Geek In Residence
http://ieee.uow.edu.au/~mjp16