Re: How to fix an upgrade bug to woody?

On Tue, Apr 29, 2003 at 06:56:06PM +0200, Andreas Barth wrote:

> * Matt Zimmerman (mdz@debian.org) [030429 18:49]:
> > When it fails, does it respawn (meaning that the failure is automatically
> > recovered)?  If not, then this bug could cause a loss of connectivity to the
> > system, as mgetty could be used for the console.  I would suggest fixing the
> > bug for stable.
>
> 1. It respawns and with respawning the bug is gone away for that line
> (the bug is only that waiting mgettys aren't restarted by the update
> script; after restarting that's done automatically after failing the
> missing step has happend).

Ah, I understand.

So the negative effect is that the next connection (after the upgrade) will
fail, with some errors sent to the log, correct?  In this case, I think you
could make a case either way; if you have the time and motivation to fix it
for stable, it might be nice for some users, but if you do not, it doesn't
seem too serious.

--
 - mdz