NUM request procedure

Hi,
	What would be the proper procedure for requesting an NMU? Assuming
that all the conditions are met as described in
http://www.debian.org/doc/developers-reference/ch-pkgs.en.html#s-nmu and
it's sub sections, except that the person desiring the NMU is not a debian
developer, would it be appropriate to bother a Debian developer to do an
NMU? Who should be bothered with this request?

My answer so far has been Colin Watson is the person to bug, but then I
don't want to flood him with work, annoy him with requests... He's just
stepped forward allot in all the different forums that I've looked at for
NMU's. I've found that sometimes there doesn't seem to be a correct forum
and that's part of my problem.

For "public" security bugs I would bug the Security Team, but they seem
overworked and may be getting frustrated going through my requests... I've
started trying to write patches, fix up bugs to be more accurate,
investigate vulnerabilities... I'm not a Debian developer and I haven't
yet got into creating debs... There was the whole issue with NM's fixing
bugs described in the thread
http://lists.debian.org/debian-mentors/2003/debian-mentors-200304/msg00166.html
too...

For now I'll keep on doing what I'm doing and post NMU requests here when
I don't see a more appropriate forum.

     Drew Daniels